Master the essentials of health promotion in community and public health nursing! Foundations for Population Health in Community/Public Health Nursing, 6th Edition, (PDF) provides clear, concise coverage of the nurse’s role in preventing disease, promoting health, and providing health education in community settings. Case studies and critical thinking activities make applying concepts to community nursing practice easier. New to this Sixth Edition are Healthy People 2030 guidelines and coverage of the latest issues, trends, and approaches. Written by well-known nursing educators Marcia Stanhope and Jeanette Lancaster, this streamlined textbook covers the fundamentals of designing effective nursing strategies for vulnerable and special populations.
- Applying Content to Practice boxes highlight how chapter content is applied to nursing practice in the community.
- Genomics coverage provides a history of genetics and genomics and how they impact public/community health nursing care.
- Focus on health promotion throughout the text emphasizes initiatives, strategies, and interventions that promote community health.
- Practice Application scenarios present practice situations with questions and answers to help you apply concepts to community practice.
- Coverage of ongoing healthcare reform issues includes the impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) on public health nursing.
- QSEN boxes illustrate how quality and safety goals, competencies, objectives, knowledge, skills, and attitudes can be applied in nursing practice in the community.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes highlight current research findings, their application to practice, and how community/public health nurses can apply the study results.
- Levels of Prevention boxes identify specific primary, secondary, and tertiary nursing interventions, reinforcing the concept of prevention as it relates to community and public health care.
- NEW! COVID-19 pandemic information has been added.
- NEW! Updated content and figures reflect current data, issues, trends, and practices.
- NEW! Expanded Check Your Practice boxes use Clinical Judgment (Next Generation NCLEX®) steps to guide your thinking about practice scenarios.
- NEW! Healthy People 2030 objectives are highlighted throughout the book, addressing the health priorities and emerging health issues expected in the next decade.
978-0323776882, 978-0323776899, 978-0323829649, 978-0323751544, 978-0323776905
P.S. We also have the Foundations for Population Health in Community / Public Health Nursing Sixth Edition Test bank for sale. Contact us
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Foundations for Population Health in Community/Public Health Nursing 6E in PDF. No access codes are included.