Healthcare is rapidly evolving and so are the responsibilities and roles of medical-surgical nurses. To excel and adapt in this changing nursing landscape, equip yourself with Ignatavicius, Workman, and Rebar’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care 9th Edition (ePub/PDF) which is available in a single volume. This comprehensive digital textbook not only covers all essential knowledge of adult health care but also reinforces conceptual thinking, application, and clinical judgment skills required by surgical nurses to deliver exceptional patient care in any environment.
This latest 9th edition of Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care includes a novel collaborative care approach to adult health nursing, adequate preparation for NCLEX® Exam, and thorough integration of QSEN competencies. It also has a direct, reader-friendly tone throughout the ePub/PDF eBook. This new edition incorporates two emerging and complementary trends – the Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice and a more conceptual approach to learning and teaching – areas that will guide you on how to think like a nurse and apply gained knowledge to clinical practice.
This outstanding medical-surgical nursing textbook is unlike any other as it combines all the crucial concepts, information, and on-the-job realities in a way that makes perfect sense. Its unique features include:
- Exceptionally readable content features straightforward vocabulary, shorter sentences, and a direct, reader-friendly writing style.
- Consistent learning outcomes now incorporate QSEN and nursing concepts in a more consistent and intentional manner from chapter to chapter.
- Emphasis on clinical judgment helps you develop skills in clinical reasoning and clinical decision-making when applying concepts to clinical situations.
- Interprofessional terminology for patient problems promotes collaboration between healthcare providers through the promotion of a common healthcare language.
- Trendsetting QSEN integration highlights patient safety and evidence-based practice with Nursing Safety Priority boxes, including Drug Alerts, Critical Rescues, and Action Alerts.
- Updated content throughout reflects the most recent changes in practice and the latest evidence-based guidelines.
- Tanner’s model of clinical nursing judgment uses Tanner’s terminology within the nursing process headings.
- Stronger emphasis on health promotion and community-based care includes revised and updated content throughout the text to reflect that most adult health care no longer takes place as long-term stays in high-acuity settings.
- Enhanced emphasis on conceptual learning and teaching features a strong integration of nursing concepts and exemplars throughout the textbook.
- The ebook’s hallmark collaborative management approach is taken to the next level through new collaboration-focused Clinical Judgment Challenges and integration of a new Teamwork & Interprofessional Collaboration concept.
- Strong emphasis on NCLEX Exam preparation includes chapter-opening Learning Outcomes and chapter-ending Get Ready for the NCLEX Examination! sections organized by NCLEX Client Needs Categories, plus NCLEX Examination Challenge questions, with an answer key in the back of the ebook and on the Evolve companion website.
P.S We also have the Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th edition testbank available for purchase. See related products below.
NOTE: This ebook, Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care (9th Edition) is in ePub format. Therefore, page numbers will not correspond to the physical book. We recommend using the free Adobe Digital Editions to view the ebook. A converted PDF is also included.