Get ready for psychiatric nursing care with this comprehensive and evidence-based textbook called Varcarolis Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach, 9th Edition (PDF). This book will help you understand the complexities of psychiatric disorders and teach you how to provide high-quality mental and behavioral health care. The clinical chapters are organized according to the nursing process framework, starting from theory and progressing to practical application. This prepares you for real-world nursing practice by providing examples from actual clinical settings. Some notable features of this bestselling textbook include illustrated explanations of the neurobiology of disorders, DSM-5 criteria for major disorders, and nursing care plans.
The lead author of this book, Dr. Margaret J. Halter, is a clinical nurse specialist. The 9th Edition of Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing also includes new content to prepare you for the Next Generation NCLEX and your PMHN certification exam.
Here are some key features of the 9th Edition of Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing:
- Case Study and Nursing Care Plan boxes provide real-life vignettes of patients with specific psychiatric disorders.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes describe recent research studies and explain how their findings affect nursing practice.
- Clinical chapters follow a six-step nursing process, providing consistent guidelines for comprehensive assessment and intervention.
- Learning features include key terms and concepts, key points to remember, critical thinking exercises, and chapter reviews.
- The writing style is conversational and mentor-like, reinforcing important information and helping you apply textbook content to clinical settings.
- Coverage of therapeutic communication techniques and nontherapeutic communication provides tips to help you develop patient interaction skills.
- Assessment Guidelines summarize the steps of patient assessment for various disorders.
- Considering Culture boxes discuss the importance of person-centered care in providing competent care to diverse populations in different clinical situations.
- Patient and Family Teaching boxes focus on the nurse’s role in helping patients and families understand psychiatric disorders, treatments, complications, and medication side effects.
- Each clinical chapter includes Next Generation NCLEX (NGN) case studies and questions, which support critical thinking and help you prepare for your state board examination.
- Updated screening tools and rating scales make it easier to quantify symptoms and assess the severity of a disorder.
- Advanced practice treatment modalities are discussed separately from the nursing process, including biological interventions (e.g., pharmacotherapy and brain stimulation therapies) and psychological therapies (e.g., cognitive-behavioral therapy and interpersonal therapy).
- There is an emphasis on adverse childhood experiences, trauma, and trauma-informed care, addressing the near-universal experience of trauma in individuals with psychiatric disorders and conditions.
- The order of clinical chapters mirrors that of the DSM-5, and many major disorders are accompanied by specific DSM-5 diagnostic criteria.
- The Health Policy boxes are updated to describe current legislation related to mental health.
- The International Classification for Nursing Practice (ICNP) from the International Council of Nurses (ICN) provides straightforward and easily translatable nursing diagnoses across settings and disciplines.
Emphasis: This sale only includes the eBook version of Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 9th Edition in PDF format. No access codes are included.
Additional ISBNs for Varcarolis Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 9E:
978-0323697071, 978-0323697095, 978-0323829786, 978-0323751551, 978-0323697088, 9780323751551, 9780323697088, 9780323757713, 9780323967709, 978-0323757713, 978-0323967709
P.S. We also have the Test Bank for the 9th Edition of Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing available for sale. Please see the related products below.